The storage jar TUESA by MOYA consists mainly of Siberian birch bark. The base and lid are made of Swiss stone pine and impregnated with beeswax. Muesli, pasta, legumes and other loose, dry foods can be stored in it and kept fresh!
The birch bark of the TUESA storage jar from MOYA is breathable, light, very durable, moisture-repellent and also contains essential oils that protect it from mold. People have been using these natural properties of birch bark for thousands of years to make storage jars. Since the Stone Age, baskets and boxes in various shapes have been made from birch bark to store grain, vegetables, dairy products or fish. The containers are simply cleaned with lukewarm water.
Siberian birch was used for the MOYA storage jar. It is thicker and more robust than our native species. Also, Siberian-born designer and founder of MOYA Birch Bark, Anastasia Koshcheeva, wants to save this ancient craft from extinction and create local jobs to give people new perspectives. We like that.
- TUESA storage jar from MOYA
- Birch bark, stone pine and beeswax
- Dimensions: Ø 9 × H 17 cm
- Volume: 1L
- Weight: 108g
- Breathable, lightweight, very durable and moisture-wicking
- Contains essential oils that protect food from mold
- Food can be stored and kept fresh in it
- Can be cleaned with lukewarm water
Discover our birch polypore soaps to match!