Forest honey in organic quality from Ronny Kern’s Bioland beekeeping in Saxony.
Only very rarely in Central Germany does the forest produce honey to such an extent that pure forest honey can be harvested. The bees collect the sugary excretions (honeydew) from plant lice. Now this was possible in some places in the Elster Mountains in the southernmost tip of Saxony. This fine-spicy forest honey was created in the densely wooded mountains of this region.
Forest honey has a strong, spicy, almost malty taste, is light brown to reddish brown in color and is usually viscous. Forest honey contains a lot of minerals – especially potassium and iron.
The Bioland beekeeper Ronny Kern relies on regionality in every respect and thus on a sustainable, ecologically sensible production of forest honey that is as pure and residue-free as possible. In addition to the plants that the bees fly to, the type of beekeeping plays an important role in ecologically managed beekeeping. Ronny Kern tries to work with the bees according to their nature and, if possible, to allow natural behavior and integrate it into the business.
Product benefits at a glance:
- Forest honey 500g
- Regional from Saxony
- Organic quality: Organic beekeeping Ronny Kern
- From natural beekeeping
- Pure honeydew honey – regional rarity!
- Spicy-strong, almost malty taste
- Many minerals – especially potassium and iron
- Antibacterial and antioxidant properties
Scope of delivery: A glass with 500g forest honey
In our TOFF & ZÜRPEL manufactory we also deal a lot with the topics “beekeeping”, “beeswax”, “honey”, “organic” and much more! In our blog you will find a lot of information – such as:
- What types of honey are there? We report about it here: types of honey
- What does own mean? Organic beekeeping? You can find out in our blog ” Organic beekeeping – beekeepers according to organic guidelines”
- What does species-appropriate and species-appropriate beekeeping mean? And here: the history of beekeeping .
- And what about organic bees ? does it even exist?
- Is honey healthy ? Everything you need to know; What we learned about honey
Forest honey is also great for cooking and baking! You can also find great recipes on our blog!